Thursday, December 24, 2015

First day in Madrid/Jetlag

Hello! It's 2 AM in Madrid, and jetlag has chosen me as its victim so I am wide awake.

After we took a van to the airport and boarded the plane, everyone was excited for the journey to begin. Unfortunately, we had to wait another 90 minutes because of delays. The flight was rather uneventful except for that fact that the seats on the airliner reclined significantly more than any normal airline seat. In addition, there was miniscule legroom, so when the person in front of me reclined their seat was almost touching my face (see photo). It was uncomfortable.



Once we arrived, we split up into a team that took the bus and a team that took the metro. 30 minutes later we arrived and everybody took a nap while I finished The Dark Knight (great movie)

Afterwards, my grandparents and I went out for a snack. We saw a restaurant that looked authentic, so we went in. The meal was good, but later, we found out that we had in fact been dining in an American chain that has spread to Spain. It was slightly disappointing that my first meal in Spain was food that I could've had in the States, but we'll have plently of opportunities in the next 10 days to try new cuisine.



Later, we walked around our neighbourhood and checked out some restaurants and cafes. We ended up eating dinner in the apartment because most restaurants
closed early on Christmas Eve.

Our first day is over but we have a lot planned for the next few days (not including Christmas) Thanks for reading!

1 comment: